Disclosure in accordance with Article 13 of European Regulation 679/2016 and consent
In accordance with Art. 13 of European Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (hereinafter referred to as the “GDPR”) and in connection with the personal data that will become available to the firm in assigning it your case, please note the following:
DATA CONTROLLER AND DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
The Data Controller is the Conte&Giacomini Avvocati law firm, in the person of Giuseppe M. Giacomini, with elected domicile in Genoa, at Viale Padre Santo 5/11 B. The Controller can be contacted by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org . The Controller’s law firm has appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO), in the person of Luca Robustelli, who can be contacted by e-mail at: email@example.com.
PURPOSE OF THE DATA PROCESSING
The processing is carried out in order to ensure the correct, complete fulfilment of the professional appointment received, both in and out of court. Your data will also be processed in order to:
- fulfil tax and accounting obligations;
- comply with obligations assigned to the professional and envisaged by current legislation.
Personal data may be processed both by means of hard copy or computer files (including portable devices) and processed using methods that are strictly necessary to the above purposes.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
The professional firm processes your personal data lawfully, where processing:
- is necessary in order to fulfil the mandate, a contract to which your are party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract;
- is necessary in order to fulfil a legal obligation lying with the professional;
- is based on the consent given.
CONSEQUENCES OF FAILURE TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA
With regards to personal data relative to the fulfilment of the contract to which you are part or relative to the fulfilment of a regulatory obligation (e.g. requirements connected with accounting and tax records), failure to provide personal data will prevent us from stipulating the contract.
Your personal data, processed for the above purposes, will be stored for the term of the contract and, thereafter, for the term for which the professional is obliged to store it for tax or other purposes envisaged by provisions of law or regulation.
Your personal data may be disclosed to:
- consultants, notaries, accountants or other lawyers providing services functional to the above purposes;
- banks and insurance institutions providing services functional to the above purposes;
- subjects processing data in fulfilment of specific legal obligations;
- legal or administrative authorities for the fulfilment of legal obligations.
PROFILING AND DISSEMINATION OF DATA
Your personal data is not disseminated nor used for any fully automated decision-making process, including profiling.
RIGHTS OF THE DATA SUBJECT
The rights afforded you by the GDPR include:
- asking the professional for access to your personal data and related information; the correction of inexact data or the supplementation of any incomplete data; the erasure of personal data regarding you (where any of the conditions are met as indicated in Art. 17, paragraph 1 of the GDPR and in respect of the exceptions envisaged in paragraph 3 of the same Article); the limitation of processing of your personal data (where any of the hypotheses apply as indicated under Art. 18, paragraph 1 of the GDPR);
- asking and obtaining from the professional – in the hypothesis that the legal basis for processing is the contract or consent and it is carried out using automated means – your personal data in a structured format that can be read by an automatic device, also in order to disclose said data to another data controller (the right to the portability of personal data);
- oppose the processing of your personal data at any time, where any particular situations arise regarding you;
- revoking consent at any time, limited to hypotheses where processing is based on your consent for one or more specific purposes and regards common personal data (e.g. date and place of birth or place of residence), or specific categories of data (e.g. data revealing y our racial origin, your political opinions, your religious beliefs, health or sex life). Processing based on consent and carried out prior to its revocation shall, in any case, remain lawful;
- making a complaint to a supervisory authority (the Italian Data Protection Authority – www.garanteprivacy.it).
Viale Padre Santo 5/11B
Genoa, Italy 16123
T. +39 010 83 15 280
F. +39 010 83 15 285
Via Sant'Andrea 3
Milan, Italy 20121
Via del Babuino 51
Rome, Italy 00187